Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What? I'm stressed?

Modern life is full of hassles, deadlines, frustrations, and demands. For many people, stress is so commonplace that it has become a way of life. Yesterday, I had a drink with my friends and noticed that the symptoms I had were very related to stress : dry eyes, eating too much, feeling restless, having emotional outbursts, having memory problems and feeling frustrated at having to wait for something. ARGHHHHHH!!!

Recently, there are lots of things for me to deal with. Mountains of homework, assignment, interview, multiple-camera production training, shooting and editing. 24 hours in a day is not enough for me to get it done all, I wish to have at least 72 hours in a day so that I can sleep for 24 hours and the rest I can do my works. *laughed* That's not possible!


I found some great ways to release stress that you might need this someday.


For me, I like to go out and have a walk because I feel released and fresh when facing the nature. I like to sit alone in the train and think while seeing the scenery at outside that pass through very fast. Every night before sleeping, I would imagine or dream about what I have always wanted to achieve. From the famous book <Secret> I had read, If you keep thinking that you can achieve something, finally you will achieve them in real life. It's explained by 'Law of Attraction'. That's the way for me to manage my stress and I'm really love it. *wink*

People say that internet is another kind of entertainment to relieve stress. But honestly, I don't really agree to that statement. I sit in front of my notebook for almost 9 hours each day. It causes me eye fatigue and muscle pain. Not to make you scare or what, I would like to say that I had floater since last year. Floaters are little "cobweb" that float about in your field of vision. They are small, dark, shadowy shapes that can look like spots or thread-like strands. Coincidentally, one of my friends got this phenomena and the doctor said there's no specific treatment for floaters. In very severe cases, the doctor may consider doing a vitrectomy, in which the vitreous fluid is removed and replaced with an artificial gel. I have not seen any doctor to ask for treatment because I think it's just a small matter. But, I think I should see a doctor one day.


"Remember, stress is like pain. If you don't get it at the beginning and allow it to go on, it is more and more difficult to deal with it and to take appropriate action."


"We need to have flexible ways of dealing with any stress. One way may not work in all situations."


"Untreated stress can cause serious medical illnesses, because your body is constantly in a state of alarm."


No comments: