Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lala Chong Seafood Restaurant @ Kayu Ara Damansara

While everyone was partying the night away during the weekend, especially at Saturday night as the next day is "Non-working day" for workers or "Non-schooling day" for students, my friends and I headed to Lala Chong for some rocking Chinese-style seafood. The original restaurant was located at Terminal 3, Subang and now it has been relocated to Kampung Ara, Damansara. Good for PJ folks like us!

According to my friends, it was not just a simply dinner but they 'celebrated' for my resignation which my last day will be on April 26 (this coming Tuesday). *laugh*

Elaine: "I can't break this (Pincer)"
Man: "This part (joint) is really hard, who can help?" (they stared at me)
Kit Mun: "Peng, I need your help"

Obviously, I took the job which I didn't mind at all as they said I am skillful in eating crab and strong enough to break the pincers (crab).  Can i take it as a compliment? *giggle* 


 Seong Tong Lala @ RM15
(special soup which includes Chinese herbs, ginger & loads of Chinese wine)

This dish was very scrumptious, steaming hot, it had just enough pepper to impact a nice string to your throat and also a healthy dose of Chinese herbs. *MUST TRY*

 Creamy Butter Crabs @ RM47/ kg
(It's disappointed that this creamy butter wasn't that good as too much of milk added into butter.)

 
Spicy Sour Crabs @ RM47/ kg
(This was better than the butter flavor but it wasn't that impressive)

Fried Bun @ RM1.50/pcs
(I really love this! Super delicious when you dip with sauce!)
 Stir-fried vegetable @ RM10

Kam Heong Style Bamboo Lala @ RM12
(It was a bit of fishy but still acceptable)

Mantis Prawn @ RM12
(One of the nice dishes - Crunchy!) 

RM185.95 for 7 dishes

Be prepared to wait for at least 30 minutes for your food if you are there on weekend. All in all, the price was reasonable and is cheaper than other seafood restaurants in PJ area for the similar dishes. Good to revisit again, huh?
Lala Chong Seafood Restaurant
Lot 13556, Jalan Cempaka,
Kayu Ara Damansara,
47400 Petaling Jaya.
Tel No: 03-7728 1906 (Non Halal) 

No comments: