Do you know or have you ever heard about this programme? I got it so well because I was assigned to this open day to get all the information and related pictures for my company. I was like a 'lonely bee' flying here and there to get more details about what's really going on regarding this programme.
Here's the summary:
PEMANDU organised a workshop, a series of 12 NKEA laboratories were held involving participants from the private and public sectors. They mapped out concrete strategies, plans and initiatives to transform the nation into a high-income economy that is sustainable and inclusive.
The Economic Transformation Programme is the culmination of a substantial body of the work to transform Malaysia into a high-income economy by 2020, building on the 10th Malaysia Plan, the New Economic Model and the principles of 1Malaysia People First, Performance Now.
What are they going to do about this?
- Prepare our future labour force for a knowledge-based economy by developing e-text books, e-homewok, e-coursework, e-self assessment training, etc.
- Paperless government, replacement of paper achieves with digital achieves management system.
- Host locally and create or unblock new channels such as IPTV, Video on demand, etc.
- A high speed rail system to Singapore in 2 hours.
- Increase the amount of green space essential to improving the city's overall quality of life.
- Pasar malam/ Pasar minggu is outdated! Pasar Karavan with special designed vehicle to conduct day to day operation is the new ones!
- There are a lot more... you may visit the existing website: www.pemandu.gov.my/
Hall 4, Level 4
The lab member was giving further explanation to the participants.
The Road Map for Malaysia: Greater KL
I was able to capture his picture...hehehe...