Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Karate Kid

Yesterday was my first time of going to a premiere. Thanks to my colleague Philip for giving me 6 movie tickets! (3 for my families and another 3 for my course-mate). It was very strict as we are not allowed to bring hp or camera into the cinema. As usual, the movie started almost 30 minutes late. Well, the seats in Cathay Cineplexe@the curve are not that comfortable to sit.

I watched this -->




The synopsis: In Columbia Pictures' The Karate Kid, 12-year-old Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's (Taraji P. Henson) latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying - and the feeling is mutual - but cultural differences make such a friendship impossible. Even worse, Dre's feelings make an enemy of the class bully, Cheng. In the land of kung fu, Dre knows only a little karate, and Cheng puts "the karate kid" on the floor with ease. With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), who is secretly a master of kung fu. More>>
















Ratings: 6.5/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you think? I think this one is better than the previous one...

Eaven Sun Lee Peng said...

Mytrajet74, what do u mean by the previous one? when it's compared to the 19th one? Haha! I didn't watch that but I think this 1 is not bad ^^