Company Background (Nanyang Siang Pao Sdn Bhd)
1. Nanyang Siang Pao - founded by the late Mr Tan Kah Kee, a highly respected Chinese community leader in Singapore on 6/9/1923, under Nanyang Press [Singapore] Pte Ltd.
2. 23/7/1958 - The incorporation of Nanyang Press (Malaya) Sdn. Bhd.
3. 31/8/1962, Nanyang Siang Pao was published both in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
4. 1975 - Nanyang Siang Pao Singapore & Nanyang Siang Pao Malaysia were officially split.
5. 22/11/1988, Nanyang Press (Malaya) Sdn Bhd changed its name to Nanyang Press (Malaya) Bhd.
6. January 1993 - Nanyang Press [M] Bhd acquired 100% shares of The China Press Bhd & Life Publishers Sdn Bhd.
7. 4/10/1997 - Official launch of the Nanyang Siang Pao home page (www.nanyang.com)
8. 15/8/1997 - Nanyang Siang Pao Sdn Bhd was awarded the ISO 9001 certification.
9. 8/10/1998 - Nanyang Press [M] Bhd changed its name to Nanyang Press Holdings Bhd to reflect its entity as a holding company.
10. 28/5/2001 - Huaren Management Sdn Bhd bought over 72.35% shares from Hong Leong Group.