Saturday, July 3, 2010

Floaters In My Eyes

It has been more than a year, there's something just like a mosquito flying in my right eye whenever I roll my eyes. My sister told me, it'll disappear after some time. Coincidentally, one of my room-mate got the same vision problem with me. As what she described, she got more than one mosquito flying in her eyes whenever she rolls her eyes. 

I was so worried about my condition and I decided to go for eye checkup. My room-mate went to see an ophthalmologist and she was told that it's a kind of eye disorder -- Floaters.

Floaters are deposits of various size, shape and motility within the eye's vitreous humor, which is normally transparent. The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia. Finally, I know that why floaters are visible in my eyes. It's because of the shadows they cast on the retina or their refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one's field of vision. In my eyes, it appears as spots or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly whenever I roll my eyes. *sob sob*

According to the ophthalmologist, there are various causes for the appearance of floaters, of which the most common are described here. Simply stated, any damage to the eye that causes material to enter the vitreous humour can result in floaters.

Long hours spent in front of the computer might lead to this vision problem, just like me! *sigh*

Most commonly, there is no treatment recommended. *teardrops on my computer*


 Floaters
(I found it on Google, but mine just got 1 floater. *luckily*)

No comments: